General Information on Montagu
Montagu is a quaint, historic town on the famous Route 62 halfway between Cape Town and the Garden Route. Montagu offers visitors beautiful mountain views, clear air, a perfect climate and lots of activities to suit all tastes!
Known as the ‘mountain mecca’ of the Cape, Montagu is surrounded by the Langeberg mountain range and is best known for its orchards, rock formations and healing hot mineral springs.
There are many fascinating architectural and historic buildings to be found in and around Montagu.
The town has the most national monuments in one street than any other town in the country! There are many museums along the street that will give visitors insight into this interesting town's history! Other attractions and activities, include:
- Wine cellar visits for tasting of some of the best wines from the region.
- Wine Valley Safari offers safe, reliable, convenient and extremely fun transport in an open-air safari vehicle, allowing you to fully breathe in and discover the Robertson Wine Valley in all its glory! Choose from self-guided hop-on hop-off routes to pre-packaged wine tasting tours. Let us be your personal chauffeur, while you relax and enjoy a memorable excursion in a socially-buzzed atmosphere.
- Montagu dried fruit factory.
- Rock-climbing, abseiling, kloofing, hiking trails can all be found at Aasvoelkrans, Cogmanskloof, Blue Mountain.
- The natural hot mineral springs.
- A must do is the famous tractor-ride to the top of the Langeberg Mountains on Wednesdays and Saturdays, with the option of a potjiekos lunch.
See the activities directory for more information on advertisers in the area.
Montagu offers a relaxing and comfortable environment. There are some superb accommodation options available. Please view our Accommodation Directory for all that is available.
Montagu has a thriving business community and provides a wide range of goods and services to its residents and holiday makers, especially the dried fruit industry.
There are many restaurants on offer to suit every visitors budget. There is a great selection of restaurants, coffee shops and pubs to choose from!
More information on Montagu can be found here
|Montagu Tourism Office Information|
|Telephone:||+27 23 614 2471|
|Address:||27 Bath Street